This Acceptable Ad Policy (“AAP”) applies in conjunction with the Commercial Terms and provides guidance as to the type and nature of permissible Content (“Content” includes, but is not limited to any and all materials, information, text, video, audio, images, graphics, photos, designs, artwork, data, writings, comments, URLs, products, ads, promotional materials, and/or any other content (and any portion thereof) provided or published by you under or related to your use of the Platform. When you upload a piece of Content, it must meet these AAP guidelines. This AAP applies to all Content you publish, make available or provide to Us to publish or make available. In Our sole discretion, We reserve the right to determine whether Content fails to meet the AAP guidelines and to remove such Content from the UNiDAYS Platform at any time.
AAP Content Review
We reserve the right, but are not required to, flag or review Content to determine whether it meets the AAP guidelines. During the review process, UNiDAYS may evaluate your Content’s text, images, and targeting. Content may be removed if it does not comply with the AAP guidelines. After Content is removed, you may receive a notification letting you know that such Content has been removed. UNiDAYS reserves the right to remove any Content for any reason, in Our sole discretion, including Content that is harmful to Our users or that is contrary to Our advertising philosophy.
What to do if Content is removed.
If your Content is removed for non-compliance, you can edit and resubmit the Content. If you believe that your Content has been removed by mistake, you may reach out to support at: firstname.lastname@example.org to appeal the removal.
Infringement or Endorsement
Content must not contain material that infringes on or violates the rights of UNiDAYS or any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights. Content must not imply an endorsement or partnership of any kind with UNiDAYS.
If you believe that your copyright protected materials have been posted or used without your approval, you may submit a removal request (known as a DMCA request within the United States), by emailing Us at email@example.com and including the following information:
- Identify the copyrighted material that is claimed to have been infringed;
- Identify the true owner or agent of the owner of the copyrighted material and electronically sign as the owner or the agent of the owner;
- Identify the location of the allegedly infringing material on the Platform with all relevant and helpful information (including date, time, allegedly infringing entity, etc.);
- Include your contact information (email and/or phone) so that We may contact you if necessary;
- State that you believe, in good faith, that your copyrighted material is being used without your approval; and
- Include a statement swearing that the information in your notification is accurate and that you own the copyrighted material or you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
We may provide some information, including your full legal name and email address, as part of the takedown notice, to the uploader of the allegedly infringing materials.
Content and Substance
All Content should be relevant and appropriate for (i) the viewing audience and (ii) the products and/or services being offered. Content must clearly represent the product, service, brand or company that is being advertised. Your Content must not engage in any predatory advertising practices. The products and/or services promoted in Content must match the actual offering and the destination of the Content must not offer or link to any restricted or prohibited product or service (as defined below).
UNiDAYS is not required to pre-screen, monitor, or regularly review Content. UNiDAYS reserves the right (though not the obligation) to edit or remove, without notice, any Content. UNiDAYS disclaims (i) any warranty to edit, remove, or continue to display any Content and (ii) any liability for editing, removing, or continuing to display any Content. UNiDAYS does not have an obligation to respond to complaints or investigate complaints.
In the UK, you shall ensure all Content complies with the Advertising Standard Authority’s CAP code. In other jurisdictions you shall ensure all Content complies with any equivalent authorities and codes.
At UNiDAYS’ sole discretion, Content containing, promoting, facilitating, selling or otherwise including (without limitation) the following may be restricted and/or closely scrutinized:
- content that exploits controversial social or political issues;
- excessively flashy, flashing or visually offensive videos or images;
- nudity, depictions of people that are excessively sexually provocative or suggestive;
- Age-restricted content (You must mark age-restricted content as such);
- sale or use of adult products or services;
- sale or use of mobile phone hacks and trackers, spy cams or other surveillance equipment;
- marketing of any product or service that requires automatic payment or renewal;
- sale or use of supplements;
- bidding fee auctions or other similar businesses;
- political, election and related ads or issue of national importance;
- violent content or shocking, sensational, or disrespectful content; and
- financial products, credit cards, insurance, or loans.
UNiDAYS’ Platform strictly prohibits ads that contain, promote, facilitate, sell or otherwise include:
- misleading, deceptive, and/or unrealistic information or content;
- surveys or inquiries requesting or involving a user’s personal information;
- discrimination or encouragement of discrimination against people based on, including but not limited to, age, color, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender identity, genetic condition, medical, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation;
- general discrimination, harassment, provocation, or disparagement of people and/or users;
- malware, spyware, or any malicious software that results in the spread of a digital virus or other unwanted experience;
- drug or alcohol addiction treatment ads;
- excessive profanity, violence, gore, symbols, graphics, numbers or letters that create a negative or offensive experience for any user;
- counterfeit money, passports, permanent residency card, immigration papers, certificates, degrees or other false documents;
- false interactive features such as a checkbox, buttons, or other features that trick a user into interacting with the ad;
- “get rich quick,” “Ponzi,” pyramid or other multi-level scams or schemes;
- images that promote unexpected or unlikely results (i, e., before and after shots);
- products or services that facilitate or encourage unauthorized and/or infringing access to digital content;
- payday loans, paycheck advances, bail bonds, or financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices;
- gambling, lotteries, casino, sports books, poker, bingo or any other authorized or unauthorized forms of gambling;
- sale, use or glorification of illegal, recreational, or prescription pharmaceuticals;
- sale or use of bodily fluids or parts;
- illegal products, services or activities;
- sale, use or glorification of tobacco products and related products;
- sale, use or glorification of weapons, ammunition, or explosives including related accessories; and
- sale, use, glorification or reference to alcohol.
Lead Generation Ads
You must not create ads that request the following types of information from a user:
- personally identifiable information (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address, etc.);
- account numbers of any kind including banking, loyalty, social, entertainment, utilities, frequent flyer, service provider, or any other account information;
- federal or state government-issued identifiers, including driver's license numbers, passport numbers, permanent residency number, veteran id or Social Security numbers;
- financial information, including net worth, income, debt, bank account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, or bank routing numbers;
- health information, including physical or mental health, medical conditions, treatments or disabilities;
- information regarding criminal or arrest history;
- information regarding political affiliation;
- information regarding race, nationality or ethnicity;
- information regarding religion or philosophical beliefs;
- information regarding sexual orientation, gender preferences (both self and interest), or any other information about a person’s sexual life;
- insurance policy numbers; and
- request any usernames or passwords, even if that person has an account with you.
Advertising Data Restrictions
You are responsible for ensuring that any UNiDAYS advertising data or any other information obtained from UNiDAYS is kept confidential and secure. Advertising data is subject to the confidentiality provision of the Commercial Terms entered into between you and UNiDAYS. UNiDAYS advertising data must not be used for any purpose, except on an aggregated and anonymized basis (unless authorized by UNiDAYS). You are strictly prohibited from using UNiDAYS advertising data to enhance, build, augment, modify, influence or edit any user’s profile; including any particular user’s identifier such as a browser, computer or mobile device identifier, or associated profiles. You are strictly prohibited from transferring any UNiDAYS advertising data (including aggregated, anonymized, or derived data) to any ad exchange, ad network, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Failure to comply with the AAP guidelines may result in the removal of Content or in certain circumstances, termination of your account. You are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and codes in relevant jurisdictions.
UNiDAYS may disclose your Content and related information to a governmental entity or body if the disclosure is required in the assistance of a lawful investigation.
Once Content is displayed, it becomes public information; Content may be shared and accessed outside of the UNiDAYS member audience.
This AAP is subject to change at any time. We may need to update these AAP terms from time to time, including to accurately reflect the access or uses of Our Platform and Services for business or commercial purposes. We encourage you to check regularly for any updates. By continuing any access or use of any UNiDAYS Platform and Services for business or commercial purposes after any notice of an update to these AAP terms, you agree to be bound by such updated terms. If you do not agree to the updated terms, you must stop all access or use of Our Platform and Services.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Effective date: 21 April 2020